Ever since people began making wine they have used oak wood to soften and bring out the best characteristics of the wine. In order add rich and toasty over tones to finished wine, the wine must have contact with wooden oak materials. These oak materials can be in the form of oak beans, cubes, chips, shavings or dusts. If the winemaker has the space an oak barrel to infuse the oak flavor is the preferred method.
Winemaker Products, LLC manufactures the tools to bring the rich and toasty over tones to finished wine with their globally accepted use of their OakFlavoring Tubes for Carboys, Demijohns and naked Barrels
Sizes and Specs
- OakFlavoring Tubes are manufactured in wine friendly perforated polypropylene (same material used for baby bottles) models.
- Always re-useable! To use, fill with your choice of oak material, record oak type date on attached tag and insert into the wine vessel. Taste the wine at monthly intervals and remove the OakFlavoring tube once the wine reaches the desired taste. Remove the OakFlavoring Tube, remove the spent oak material, wash and store for use again. Simple!
- The OakFlavoring Tubes made for barrels are only made with polypropylene
- Polypropylene models can be cut shorter using sharp scissors
- Sizes to fit in 10 gallon (37.9 liters) barrels (1 ½ inches diameter X 22 inches in length plus end caps)
- Sizes to fit in 59 gallon (223.3 Liters) barrels (1 ½ inches diameter X 22 inches in length plus end caps)
- Sizes to fit in 60 gallon (227 liters) barrels (1 ½ inches diameter X 22 inches in length plus end caps)
- End Caps are made strictly from wine friendly silicone material
- The OakFlavoring Tubes can be used in any wine vessel that has a 2” inch opening and the belly of the barrel is at least 26” deep.
- Some wine storage vessels can house 2 or more OakFlavoring Tubes at the same time. This will speed up the Oak Infusion process significantly. However, this takes more attention to the wine so that over oaking doesn’t occur.
|Dimensions||24 × 2 × 2 in|